Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Settling In.

Internet is still a little spotty, so here's a quick one.

The carpet went in today, to much fanfare. Now we can pull the rest of our stuff out of the garage. I can't wait to unpack the bags of clothes and purses. I've missed you, friends. The bed comes tomorrow, and I got a call that our dresser can be delivered this week. That just leaves the actual sleigh bed, and then all of the stuff at mom and dad's that we need to retrieve. And we have to order the washer and dryer. But the big stuff is done! And to mom's great joy, we have an estimate on getting our trees cared for.

Last night Tim and I had what is probably going to be our last LA weeknight date ever, due to the fact that he had to leave work at 4 to get there on time. We went and saw David Gray in concert at the Orpheum Theater, which was awesome. We had a nice dinner at Bottega Louie and cocktail at the Broadway Bar, and then had great seats from which to watch the fabulous show. I've wanted to see David Gray live and in concert for years now, and this was a great occasion. Unfortunately, we didn't get home until midnight, which was not a smart idea. But it was WORTH IT! (plus I bought the tickets back in July.)

The house is starting to come together, though every time I pull into the driveway I pinch myself with disbelief that I really live there. The family room is coming together with all of the furniture we poached from the Sorensons, and the kitchen is unpacked. I love the parquet floors and all of our nice windows and doors.

The kitties are still adjusting. Thor mostly lives under the bed during the day, but wanders around after it gets dark, crying and rubbing against our legs. Lulu alternates between just hanging out, and going on expeditions with her little "up tail." When she's excited, her tail trembles, and we call it up tail. She's very interested in any room with a closed door, including the garage. Bad news: on Sunday she darted out the front door while we were talking to a neighbor. Good news: she ran back in the house and seemed terrified by her encounter. They haven't yet had a Jonsey encounter, so we are still waiting on that.

No pictures yet - I promise we'll have something to show for ourselves on Saturday or Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment