Saturday, November 14, 2009

Getting Unpacked.

Oh, we are living in an actual house. My joy knows no bounds.

Today is the first day that it really feels like a house, and not a huge messy project that I have to tackle. It also helps that as of today we have: internet, cable television, a California king sized bed, a beautiful new dresser and A WASHER AND A DRYER. I could die tonight the happiest woman on earth.

We still have to rent a truck tomorrow and get the rest of my junk out of mom and dad's house. Finally, mom will be rid of all of the things that I've begged her not to throw out. My old dolls, the wedding presents that I didn't have space for the first time around, and 20 years of journals detailing every injustice that I ever experienced at the hands of my parents or sister. It should be a good time. We'll also having our dining room tables here at the end of the day, which is awesome. I am hosting a dinner party, in fact, to celebrate!

Some of you may have heard, but we had the California branch of Thiel and Sons home repair out here this week. The lead engineer managed to mess up a wire, so last night we had one working outlet in the back half of the house. We had a lamp in the bathroom while we brushed our teeth, and then carried it out into the bedroom to get ready for bed. Thankfully, with some advice from the home office in Wisconsin, they were able to get everything working today. Between the new outlet covers, the new carpet and the fresh paint, this place looks like a whole new house. I love it so.

It's funny, because there is part of me that thinks "leave everything packed - it'll be less of a hassle if we have to move again." And then there is part of me that is like, "I love this place. I am never moving. They are going to have to carry me out on a stretcher. Let's fill every corner of this house with crap!" It still hasn't totally sunken in that this is my house and I own this place (maybe it will sink in when we make our first mortgage payment?)

The kitties have mostly adjusted. Thor is no longer living under the bed full time, and is eating normally. He still bolts at a loud noise though. Lulu is sweet as ever. After her door darting incident, I did upgrade her microchip protection, but otherwise, she is her normal little fat love of a self.

I promise pictures tomorrow once everything is in place. In the meanwhile, I need some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment