Monday, November 2, 2009

Monday Monday.

I did not go to work today - there is a lot to be done for OUR NEW HOUSE!

I went over early to talk to the painter and just go over some of the areas of the house where the current finish is not so great. They are going to do their best to make sure the texture of the walls is smooth all throughout the house - whether it's on top of the old wallpaper in the bedroom, or the stripped walls of the guest bathroom, or the weird spots in the hallway where someone did a poor job patching drywall. I also found out that they put a third guy on the job, so they may be done as soon as Thursday (which means that we could move a lot of things in over the weekend.)

Then I went to the metro station and bought my rail pass - I'll be taking the train to Union Station, and then the subway from Union Station to downtown LA so that I can stay with Big Brothers Big Sisters. I love my job, I love my coworkers, I love downtown LA, so I am going to make the train commute work for as long as I can.

THEN mom and I dropped Sara off from work, and then went and had Pedros for lunch. We got to chat with all of the other angels about our new house. THEN mom and I went and bought carpet. We were total studs about it. We went to the place that Rita recommended, and the guy was kind enough to grab some samples and come and measure our house right away. I thought we'd go with a gray blue or blue carpet, but we ended up picking a green. It'll look nice with our furniture and is very pretty in the late afternoon sunlight. It's called Billard Table. Hopefully they can get it in next week.

It was a pretty smooth day. I feel like I got a lot of tasks out of the way! And now, I am off to my massage.

Here are a couple of pictures of the house and yard.

Another shot of out front.

My future cat, Jonsey.

Birdhouse in the backyard.

A note from Jennifer, with a visual representation of the wrens that live in the bird house.

The family room - it's a mess!

For those who don't remember, or who have never gazed upon its beauty - the cat couch!

No comments:

Post a Comment