Saturday, November 7, 2009

Moved!

First post from inside our new house, thanks to our pirated internet (thanks, neighbors!) There is still a little painting to be done, the carpet to be laid and cable and internet to be legally procured, but the house is done enough that Tim and I and the cats are once again proudly cohabitating. Some are prouder than others. Some are hiding under the bed with their tailes between their legs (Thor, not Tim.)

Lulu is SO excited. She has been racing around the house, looking in each corner and sniffing all of the smells. Then she'll look back at one of us like, "have you seen this yet? Look at the carpet in here!" Tim joked that she's not used to being on the ground floor - she's always been a penthouse cat. She is going to lose her mind in the morning when she can chirp at birds from the living room slider.

Last night Tim and I went and upgrade our phones, which for him is almost more exciting than buying a house. We're currently on the Verizon network, and we stuck with them to get Droids. You know what is more obnoxious than a dork with a new dork toy? Neither do I.

Today we started our unpacking. There isn't a lot we can do, since most of our house is carpet, and since we packed the garage pretty poorly - most of the boxes I wanted to unpack were buried behind the couch and underneath other things. We did clean the place as best we could today and did a lot of mopping and swiffering. Tim and I managed to drag the cat couch into the family room, and I unpacked my books. Because books are our friends. Also, our built in bookshelf is rad.

Dad came by and installed smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, and then this afternoon we went out with Don and Eileen to shop for a new bedroom set. Thankfully, I have strong opinions about my mattresses (firm!) and my bedroom sets (sleigh bed, no foot board.) We managed to find both without a lot of hassle, and our purchases will be delivered shortly. We had a lovely dinner together and then I went home to pack up my things, and Tim went back to Jake's cto collect the cats. It's almost 11pm on Saturday night, but we're living in our new house!!!

Pictures to follow when the internet isn't so dangerously spotty.

No comments:

Post a Comment