Sunday, November 1, 2009

Moved.

We did it! We managed to get out of our apartment without anything getting broken or anyone getting killed or maimed (I was the one most likely to start maiming people.) It's certainly been a long week - I had my two wonderful 12 hour days, heavy on the manual labor, and then woke up on Saturday needing to get my butt in gear as fast as possible.

Our moving crew was absolutely fabulous and didn't complain too much about trying to get our furniture out to the truck. We don't have a lot of things as it were, because we did live in a 500 square foot apartment, but most of our furniture is oversized. It took Jake and Dana about four tries to correctly angle the couch and get it out of the elevator. Unpacking was even easier, as we just brought stuff down the ramp and organized it in the garage (correction: Dad told everyone where they should put things. He is an excellent manager.) Some of the crew took off after that point (they were missed!) and Tim, Ed, Dad and I went over to Jan and Jim's to repossess the cat couch. Moving that down the hall was QUITE the adventure.

The house itself is even cuter than I remember, though definitely in need of a fresh coat of paint and some new carpet. The painters started yesterday and by the time we arrived at 3, they'd already scraped all of the popcorn off the ceilings. The two guys who are there are super nice - when we pulled up they were blasting Mexican oomp-pa-pa music and one guy was singing along at the top of his lungs. Another funny - we are painting Wolfie's room yellow, just as a pre-emptive measure. I was asking Juan what he thought, and he was like, "is the baby a boy or a girl?" and I was like "there is no baby." It took a couple of tries for us to connect on the fact that Wolfie is at present, a hypothetical. But Juan thinks yellow is good either way.

After we got unpacked, Tim and Ed were my heroes and took the truck back. Mom had a BBQ for the outstanding players of the day - Don and Eileen and Jan and Jim came over to hang out, and we stuffed ourselves, drank, and hollered any time the trick or treaters came to the door. It was a really nice way to end a long day.

And then I slept for 12 hours straight. Today, I am heading over to Jake's to watch part of the Packers game while snuggling my cat children. Tim and I joked last night that it'll be good for them to see me, lest they begin to wonder if their parents are in the middle of an acrimonious divorce. And then, party at the Parms. The good news is, I took Monday off. The better news is, I have a massage appointment on Monday and a spa gift certificate to use!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment