Monday, October 19, 2009

Tidying Up.

Newsflash from the "house hunters" (ie my stalkerish parents, who drive by our new house all the time, and sometimes get out of the car and talk to the neighbors) - there is a dumpster out front today, and Dad spotted a lady bringing trash out to it. So, hopefully she is on her way to be cleaned out in time for us to move in.

In the meanwhile, I cleared off our bookshelves. The books take up 15 bankers boxes. And don't blame me - I packed a ton of gigantic textbooks on physics, engineering and AI. BORING. Why would you read that when you could have two different translations of Beowulf and the diaries of Sylvia Plath? I ask you.

MEANWHILE, as I am packing the living room and cleaning out the kitchen cabinets, Timmy is being taken out for sushi dinner by his parents. He is probably going to come up and help me pack on Wednesday. I may or may not smother him in his sleep. (Just kidding, I need his job and salary information to close on the loan - I am not going to kill him until after I get him to move the 1,000 pound cat couch into place in our new home.)

We are hoping to sign docs on Wednesday, and I emailed our painter with the paint colors this morning. He said he will do some test swatches on the walls for us, so we can decide if our parents are right and our colors are ugly. We might change our minds, but I am dead set about putting the family room furniture in the blue room, much to dad's chagrin.

No comments:

Post a Comment