Friday, October 16, 2009

Approved to move!

So, I guess I am a big jerk. I tell everyone to stay tuned, and then don't write anything for you to tune in to.

It's been a full week back at work - a little crazy but good. Tim is back to living at his mom and dad's, and I am a full time single parent to the cats. I also went alone to see a movie on Wednesday night, which Tim thought was worrisome, but which I thought was awesome. I didn't have to share my popcorn with anyone!

The good news is that we're formally approved for our home loan. The underwriters have signed off on everything and they are prepping the documents. Once the termite work is done, we can sign, and then close, and then start the process of moving in. Since we're going to recarpet and repaint, it's going to be awhile before we're 100% settled in and living there, but as Grandma says, it won't be long now said the monkey as his tail got caught in the meat grinder. I'm glad the process has gone so smoothly - when we started this adventure, I was worried that Tim and I would be living apart and house hunting for months on end.

When I got the email from our mortgage person, I replied "HOORAY! I just threw my arms up and did a little Rocky-esque victory dance. Let me know when we should schedule the great loan signing of 2009." Her boss, who is the guy that we worked with to lock down our interest rate and loan amount replied, "duh du duhdudududuh duhduduhdadududa dudu dudu du du duhhhhhhh duh duh duh, duh duh duh." I so appreciate when people laugh along with my jokes.

We've got our moving crew conscripted and the moving date set, so now the only big hassle left is packing. I'm going to do most of the kitchen on Saturday, and also clean out the clothes closets. The good news is that we don't have a lot of stuff, and it's pretty well organized. I know the moms are worried about our ability to execute this task, but trust me, I HAVE A PLAN. Plus during my academic career, I did move in and out of 6 different dorm rooms/apartments in six years. I know how to efficiently stuff an entire closet's worth of clothes into a garbage bag, and how to use dirty laundry to pad around glass figurines when shoving them into a box. There will be no tricks on Halloween - just the treat of finally leaving our dumpy little apartment behind!

No comments:

Post a Comment