Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Coming Together.

We will most likely sign our lives away to Bank of America on Friday morning.

The seller is hoping to have all of the remaining items in the house picked up by a charity next Wednesday. And if that doesn't work, her realtor has a dumpster company on standby. Word is that she is considering leaving some of the furniture and the washer/dryer for us.

If all goes according to plan, Tim will do the final walk through on Wednesday night and we will push to close Thursday.... A WHOLE DAY EARLY!

Moving day is still Saturday morning. I am hoping that Tim and I can hand out candy to the neighbor kids (and steal Jonsey, of course.)

Tim has graciously agreed to move back in with me for the next couple of days. I have thrown my hands up and admitted that I can't handle all of this, especially not with the schedule I have going on at work. We'll definitely be packed and ready to go by Saturday morning, but I am so tense that my jaw aches. And the best thing to relieve my tension is to be able to sit on the couch and watch baseball and talk to my boyfriend. He is a good egg. As a symbol of my gratitude, I am making him some cupcakes to bring to his coworkers tomorrow.

In other news, our house is full of boxes. I packed all of the living room pretties and picture frames, and emptied out the linen closet. Now we just have our clothes, and whatever junk is in the hall closet (and it's mostly junk - a sleeping bag, fondue pots, board games...) Here is a funny - I came home yesterday to find Lula on the bottom shelf of our book shelf. I was talking to her, trying to get her to come over for a pet, and then I realized that she was stuck down there - she slinks over the subwoofer to get down, but is too fat to squeeze her lard butt back up. With the boxes of books stacked in front of the shelf, she was essentially trapped. I moved the subwoofer for her, and in her gratitude, she licked my face. She has already expressed how much she can't wait to investigate Uncle Jakey's furniture next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment