Sunday, October 25, 2009

Final Weekend in the Apt!

We got a lot more packing done this weekend. The closets are cleaned out and Tim has his suitcase full of clothes for the next couple of weeks. Everything else is in bags and boxes. I still need to pack our pots and pans in the kitchen, and clean out the medicine cabinet, but everything else is pretty much finished, or is something that can just be stuffed in a box on our way out.

Speaking of stuffed in a box, Tim just now left with the cats. I've been sad about it all day, but it's really the best and easiest thing. They are all three staying at Jake's (thanks Jakey!) and I figured it would be smoother if Tim just took them down tonight, rather than me needing to catch and stow them by myself and drive down and back to Fountain Valley in one night. It was still really sad. Thory was born in a feral colony and trapped with his mom and his brother and sisters when he was only a wee nugget. They intended to release the litter back to the feral colony after giving them the snip snip, but someone at the rescue league thought Thor and his siblings would make good pets, so they went to a couple of adoption fairs and spent a lot of time in cages before we adopted Thor for my 24th birthday (let it be known though, I had to write the check for my own cat-present.) Sometimes when Thor gets scared, he reverts to his feral self. And since he is not very smart, he can become scared and feral quite easily. He's especially terrified of his cat carrier, so I had to get him and bring him into the bathroom, and then Tim came in with the carrier. Poor Thory made horrible, terrified noises and struggled, but we put one of their cat blankeys in with him and hoped for the best. Lulu, who is smart and curious and generally a good girl, just strolled into her carrier, and then was surprised and miffed when we closed the door on her. We put them in the backseat of the car so that they can see one another, and hopefully Tim is having an easy drive. I feel terrible though. Thor's plantiveness made me start crying, and then Tim felt bad because Thor was sad and I was crying... we are a messy family.

Other than feeling like a total meanie, this has been a good weekend. Tim and I went and had our last LA-based date for awhile on Saturday. We went and had sushi at the Bridge and then watched Paranormal Activity, which was totally scary, and made me almost vom (it's done using hand held video cameras, and the movement made me queasy.) Tim spent today using a software program to build our house and arrange our furniture. I joked that he spent longer trying to get the program set up correctly than it will actually take us to move the furniture into and around the house. I spent today on the couch watching football. The Steelers are my second favorite team of the week.

I also ran my last set of Culver City walking errands. I returned my library books, and then went to the House of Return, which is THE best thrift store around. I don't quite know who supplies the place with their donations, but they always have beautiful, vintage, DESIGNER merchandise. Armani, Valentino, Carmen Marc Valvo... today there were four St. John knit suits. And all of these fabulous items are usually under $100. I am a discount label whore, and so the House of Return is like heaven to me. I bought a bead necklace and a pink jacket. I also found a copy of Singing the Rain on laserdisc. i am trying to find a copy of the vinyl record so that I can frame it and have it with my Sound of Music, Cabaret and King and I. The Laserdisc will work in the meanwhile, but if you know anyone who has a vinyl copy of the Singing the Rain soundtrack that they will sell me for less than $15, it's a DEAL.

We had take out Mexican from our favorite hole in the wall place. Oh Pepes, I will miss you so. As our days in Culver City grow shorter and shorter, I feel torn. I am so excited to go, but so sad to leave. I'm actually glad to be crazy busy this week at work - I won't have time to come home and feel sad about Tim and the cats being gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment