Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wedding Bells Will Ring!

Today's the big day! Yesterday we did some quality rehearsing and then went out for a rehearsal luncheon at a dim sum restaurant. I wore my awesome tuxedo tee shirt and got some good laughs. The pastor was obviously a little confused as to why there was a girl on the groom's side, but he will be impressed once I give my awesome reading during the ceremony.

Afterwards, the boys went to go pick up their tuxes and the girls went to go get mani/pedis. Well, the girls and Fluff, who also showed up and got a manicure. Seeing him, sitting between his mom and his bride, with his hands in the warm soapy water made me laugh hysterically. He did not get any nailpolish though, thankfully. By the time we were done with our pampering, I was so relaxed and sleepy that I went and took a nap.

For dinner last night, the younger crowd met up and went to Benihanas. I'd never been there before, and it was a fun experience. After the lovebirds parted, the guys (and me) took Fluffy out for his last drink as a single man.

This morning we met up with the boys and introduced them to Puka Dog. They all regreted that they hadn't been there earlier... or eating there every day! We drove up the coast a little bit to Kaluia bay, which is a beautiful white sand beach. The water was this amazing turquoise color and the scenery around was gorgeous. The only downside was that it was a little cloudy and windy, so we were slightly chilled. We only stayed about an hour, but it was nice to lay and relax. Fluff is off having a meal with his parents. Tim and I grabbed some sushi and are about to get ready to gussy ourselves up for the big deal. The ceremony is at four and then dinner and dancing to follow. There's no liquor, but we were promised bacon wrapped filet for dinner. We will bring a flask to deal with the lack of booze-drinks. It's the flask we were given in Scotland, which is even more awesome. Speaking of our other wedding friends - Cory and Natalie found out today that he's going to be stationed in Japan. We were hoping he'd stay in California so we could visit more, but maybe we'll have to arrange a trip to Japan sometime soon.

The Groomsmen

The groom and his mom.

Today's beautiful beach.


Parasailers and windsailers.

Umm... I'll pass, thanks.

I liked this sign. Also - my awesome pedicure.

No comments:

Post a Comment