Saturday, January 24, 2009

If You Like Pina Coladas...

Last night we met up with Jesus and Alfredo at the International Market, and then ended up at the Princess Sheraton for a last drink. Mine was in a pineapple! We also convinced ourselves that we should do some kareoke in the hotel lounge. We each took a song and did our best to rock out. I had the Japanese tourists clapping along with me. The last girl of the night was a total ringer - we're glad we went before her.

Today Tim and I slept in and then headed out to the North Shore again. I think if we come back to Oahu, we will rent a place on the North Shore and just lay on those lovely beaches. On the drive up I called Grandma and said we were on the way to the beach and she said "shut up" with as much venom as if she'd told me to drop dead. I guess it's not as warm in Wisconsin as it is in Hawaii right now.

We spent most of the day on Waimea, until the clouds rolled in and the rain came down. We left and stopped off at Turtle Beach, where we saw three turtles (two on the beach, one in the water) and two rainbows. It was a lovely place to catch our last sunset.

Tonight we are off to a fancy dinner, to close out our trip. Tomorrow morning we're going to hike Diamondhead before we go. I must admit, I wasn't a huge fan of Hawaii before our trip, but now I'm definitely going to be sad to go.

Pineapple Princess filled with the "chi chi" cocktail. And some flaming hot Cheetos!

Me and my matsomoto sweatshirt, with my pineapple hat.

More pineapple action!

Looking a little less sickly and pale.

Turtle! Turtle!

Underwater turtle taking an underwater nap.

Out on the rocks

The rainbow and the sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment