Sunday, January 18, 2009

Aloha!

We have arrived safely in Hawaii - it was a very easy trip. By the time we got through security, it was time to board the plane. There was a lot of turbulence on the flight, but we arrived on time and all of our bags joined us. Picked up the rental car (a SWEET Toyota Corolla) with no trouble and Garmin took us to our hotel right away.

The only issue is that during the last hour of the flight, my brain began to seize up with a migraine, so by the time we got to our hotel I was a goner. It was only about 10:30 by the time we checked in and the streets were still hopping, but I got into my pjs, barfed and then passed out. Tim apparently ordered a pizza and watched Saturday Night Live, but I was out like a light (which is better than feeling like my brain might explode.)

Our hotel is in a nice location in Waikiki - just a few blocks off the big shopping center area. There's a grocery store next door and we have a mini-fridge, so we can stock up on supplies for the next week. Tim brought the flask that Cory's parents gave us at the wedding, so we are ready with our own to-go cup to any event. Today we're planning on wandering around getting our bearings. Maybe we will hit up the beach! But basically, we have no real plans.

I have to admit, there is part of me that wants to find a sports bar and watch the playoff games. It's a problem, I know. Fly Eagles, FLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment