Thursday, January 22, 2009

Congrats to Mr. and Mrs. Fluffy

Fluffy is married! The ceremony was beautiful. My speech went well, though I was shaking like a leaf. Fluffy, who is Mr. Tough Guy, shed a tear, which freaked me out because I wasn't sure I could hold it together if he started crying. But I did, despite he and Jasmin's tears. The food at the reception was delicious, and we did a good job sneaking down to the bar for a cocktail or two. They are back at that hotel - I called yesterday and arranged for them to arrive home to chocolate covered strawberries and a bed covered in rose petals. We are off to meet the boys for another cocktail.

Here is part of my speech - the passage I read from Corelli's Mandolin:

"Love is a temporary madness, it erupts like volcanoes and then subsides. And it is when it subsides that you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have so intertwined together that is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all of the pretty blossoms had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two."


Me reading to the Big Ol' Crybaby.


(the rest of my photos aren't working right now - stupid crappy internet connection. Pictures of the gorgeous bride and Fluffy Groom later!)


No comments:

Post a Comment