Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Memorial Day Weekend!

As usual, we managed to pack in a ton of fun!

Friday night I took Ellie up to LA to see Ben Platt at the Dolby Theather for baby's first concert. Ben Platt was the original Evan Hansen in Dear Evan Hansen on Broadway and has been in a couple of movies, and recently released an album of original songs. I downloaded it, and we were listening to it in the car until it became her FAVORITE. As in, I finally had to tell her, I have listened to this album now 100 times on repeat, it's time to take a break. For me, going to see an artist I like performing an album I love is one of my favorite pleasures in life, and so when tickets went on sale, I bought two for us and hoped for the best. 

It took us 2.5 hours to get to Hollywood, and we parked almost a mile from the theater because my LA geography is not what it once was, but I knew that $10 for parking was less than we'd pay at Hollywood and Highland, where the Dolby Theater is located. Good news, she enjoyed the Walk of Fame. 


Please note, I did not buy the VIP experience. I'm indulgent, but not a total idiot.

Our tickets were basically up in the nosebleeds, but the view was great and the acoustics were awesome. Ben Platt put on a wonderful show, and Ellie was SO happy, singing and dancing along.



And we got home without being accosted on the street, or me falling asleep behind the wheel. Success all the ways around

Saturday, I went to goat yoga!
This is the same baby goat that Ellie met and loved when we were at the goat farm with our cousins around spring break, now 10 weeks old and quite a load. I went with two girlfriends and we did a lot more giggling and goat petting than actual yoga (which is fine, I don't care for yoga anyways.)

We spent most of the rest of the weekend swimming in our friends' pools, because we are lucky ducks. Sunday was Juddy-Buddy's birthday pool party, and Monday we kept the party going at Mike and Nicole's house. Sunday was rainy but the kids still had fun, and Monday was sunny and beautiful, the perfect long weekend afternoon. 



Lots of cheeseburgers, chips and dips consumed, lots of time with friends. On Monday Adam was in the pool from 11am - 6pm with only a short break for lunch. Needless to say, we've been putting them to bed early this week and having to wake them up in the morning. They have two more weeks of school after this, and while I'm ready for all the pool partying, I don't know that I'm ready for the rest of it. It feels like the month, and school year, has flown by!

No comments:

Post a Comment