Saturday, June 1, 2019

Toofs

Another milestone passed in our house - my last baby lost his first tooth! I was unprepared for this event to make me have feelings, but it's weird to think that it's the end of their baby faces. And now that the tooth fairy has to start coming up with cash for the very same teeth that made our lives miserable on their way (this is a racket.) Anyhow - he's had a wiggly tooth for awhile, and then wrenched it out right before going into his classroom yesterday morning, so I got to walk home holding a human tooth in my hand.



We were over at a friend's house until fairly late last night and this morning when I got back from the Y, he was still sleeping! Thank goodness tball was rained out, because he slept in until 10am! I did go check on him at 9 to make sure he was still alive, because this is out of character for him. Then when he did wake up, there was much crying from his room and lamenting that the tooth fairy didn't leave him anything. There was a moment of panic where I thought maybe the tooth fairy DID forget, as it had been a late night, but I also remembered the tooth fairy very distinctly sneaking into his room with baited breath. Adam, in a very un-Howard-like fashion, did not realize that the gold dollar under his pillow was his prize, worth one American dollar. He feels much better now that he's fully awake, and also rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment