Sunday, May 12, 2019

Mother's Day.

I joke every year, with deadly seriousness, that as far as I understand it, moms of grown children want to hang out with their children, have them come back and all snuggle up on the couch. However, as a mom of small children, I spend many many hours of the day with my kids. Adam is in school from merely 8:15 to 11:45 every day, three and a half hours. Some people spend more than than that every day commuting to work. So, I love my kids, A LOT, but a treat for me is when I don't have to parent, or really participate at all. And Tim is a good sport, and so he takes the kids to his mom's on Mother's Day so that I can go do whatever, which today included breakfast in bed, a trip to the swap meet with my mom, and then a visit to the Korean spa by myself.

But I did get these quality letters from the kids, that make me laugh. The best part about kids is watching their little brains at work, particularly when they are a sweet and funny as Ellie and Adam.


It's true! I will keep him. 

"The best mom you can." It's like the A for effort when it comes to being a subpar parent, eh? I appreciate she sees that I'm trying my damn best!

The best however, is the ceramics they painted for me the other week, and the great menu provided by my favorite, cutest waiter and bartender (who also just happens to be the father of my children!)


No comments:

Post a Comment