Tuesday, August 2, 2011

We're Gonna Win Twins!

(...except when we don't.)

Yesterday one of my mom girlfriends emailed us and asked if we wanted to join her in her company's suite at the Angels/Twins game. I of course, jumped on it, since Dad said he didn't care if I went, seeing as I'm already dead to him for taking Ellie to see a game in April (a stupid Angels game! It didn't even have any good Twins players!) I was able to get two tickets, so I brought the two biggest Twins fans I know - Ellie and Auntie Sara.

It actually worked out great, because dad was also at the game, in another suite. We got there in time to see Bert throw out the first pitch to his grandson and then got some snacks and settled in. The suite was amazing. There were 12 seats outside, and then it basically had an attached living room with a couch, a nice chair, a TV, a bar and your very own bathroom. It's perfect with a baby - we were able to set Ellie and her buddy Jonathan down and let them wander around, it was air conditioned, and we could walk around with her if she got fussy. Ellie did GREAT. Very little fussing, overall. It helped that we had Auntie Sara there. She snapped the ergo carrier for me and she was always ready to put her hands over Ellie's ears if the noise got too loud. Kelly remarked after Sara left that Ellie is lucky to have such a great, attentive aunt.

We did get a chance to go over to Dad's suite and say hello (and eat some of their catered food, as you do.) It was really a nice evening, and she did so much better than I ever expected. I changed Ellie into her PJs before we headed out, and she slumped over in her carseat on the drive home. Hopefully she'll sleep in tomorrow!

How embarrassing. We're all wearing the same shirt! (Sara and I have our names on the back - Ellie's is a Joe Mauer shirt.)

The view from our seats

Shot of the sunset from Dad's suite

Ellie and Jonathan having a stare down!

"Gramps, why is my team losing!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment