Saturday, August 20, 2011

Party Party!

Today was Tim's company picnic. It's funny to think last year we went after a morning at CPR training. I thought I was so huge pregnant then - too bad I still had 8 more weeks of baby baking to do!

So last year I didn't get to do much because I was huge pregnant and not approved for any of the rides. This year I didn't get to do much because I had a 20 lb baby strapped to my chest, and was wearing a dress (not a good look for the ride that flips you upside down, I guess.) But we still had a good time.

After we ate, we got Ellie her first tattoo. I think it's very pretty and feminine!

We also rode the Ferris Wheel, which unlike her Auntie Sara, she quite liked. She was a little crabby during the loading portion, but while we were actually going, she thought it was pretty good. It was just a little nervewracking because they wouldn't let me keep her in her carrier, and I was waiting for her to fling herself out of my death grip.

Then after a snack, she fell asleep in her ergo, having toyed with my necklace for long enough. I love my Ergo carrier. It has a zippered pocket so I can carry my wallet and keys with me, and it has a hood that snaps up for when she falls asleep - her head is shaded, and I don't have to worry about her neck suddenly sagging backwards and waking her up with a snap. It's also more comfortable for me to wear long term now that she's turned into a hefty lump of baby.

Overall, a great day. I can't wait until next year, when she's actually able to partake in all of the games. And I will be more prepared to partake in all of the rides and other activities!

No comments:

Post a Comment