Sunday, August 14, 2011

THIRTY!

Here's the first blog post from an old lady. Old and creaky and taking Metamucil with every meal.

Just kidding. I feel much the same as I did at 29, strangely enough.

Becca and my party was amazing. We had a great turnout, some fabulous costumes, good food, good drink and a wonderful evening of hanging out and chatting and laughing. It was perfect - from my friends to my family, I could not ask for anything more. My little walrus was a total doll throughout the party and happy to be passed around from grandparent to grandparent to friend and then RIGHT BACK TO GRANDPARENT GIVE HER BACK. And I must admit, in the hecticness of the party, it was nice to have a couple of minutes to sneak away and curl up and feed my baby girl. No matter how old I am, she will be the best present ever and I am so lucky to have her, her unbelievable daddy, our sweet little cats and our warm, happy little house.

And here are the pictures!

Here is my costume! Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.

There were a lot of diamonds. A LOT. Also, lots of fake eyelashes.

Here the birthday girls with our wee birthday walrus (me in my alternate costume, due to sweatiness.) Becca's outfit was In My Life, with the names of people and things she loves.

Our Yellow Submarine cake, along with the other delicious desserts.

The ladies of the Miller clan - a blackbird, Molly Jones from Obladi Oblada, Two Lucys, one Walrus and a Beatles superfan

The fabulous Fords - Tim's back in the USSR, Eileen was the Fool on the Hill, and Don is Let it Be.

All You Need is Love, loving on a certain little baby friend.

Ellie's friend Carina, and my friend Christine and her husband Dan - winners of one of our best costume prizes. They were Here Comes the Sun and they even got Carina a onesie that says "little darling," from the song.

Honey Pie Kelly, For You Blue Ian and Cry Baby Cry Jonathan (another costume winner!)

And our final costume winners - Jackie and Ken as Eleanor Rigby and Sgt. Pepper. Jill was Heather Mills (very funny and snarky) and Janet was Strawberry Fields. My knitting ladies are the best. Or rather, moms knitting ladies who also let me be their friend because I have a cute baby.

One of my favorite pictures from the night - mom rocking out on her ax to Beatles Rock Band.

No comments:

Post a Comment