Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Peek at my Little Friend.

I took today off to attend doctors visits, and to burn through my last few hours of PTO. I started with a morning endocrinologist appointment. My labs are looking good, I'm doing well, so he says he doesn't need to see me until September, unless something comes up. So I will continue to take my 'roid pills and just wait and see how it all goes.

Then this afternoon I convinced mom and Sara to come with me to see Baby Sequins at my regular monthly OB appointment. Because my blood pressure has been wonky during my visits, I've been having ultrasounds every month with the tech (my BP was slightly elevated today, but not as bad as it's been.)

Here she is, in all of her six month old glory:
Her profile is on the left side of the shot, with her little hand up by her face. Her leg is up on the right.

She put on a pretty good show for Mom and Sara - grabbing at her own little baby feet, flapping her hands, just moving around and being cute. She's right on target for growth, at a 1 pound 11 ounces, and looking beautiful. We got to hear her heartbeat for a moment, which of course makes me cry.

Now it feels like the countdown really begins. I have a month left of work, and then I'm at home full time preparing for her arrival. And by preparing, I mean floating in mom and dad's pool, meeting Tim for lunch, and annoying anyone else who happens to come within my orbit. I'm friendly!

No comments:

Post a Comment