Sunday, July 11, 2010

Nursery Plans.

Lots of people have been asking us if we've got the nursery set up yet. The answer is an emphatic no. I only have three weeks of work left, and then have almost three months to wander around my house with nothing to do, so I've held off thus far. Our hand me down crib is still jammed in the closet, and the baby's bedroom is our guest room.

When we moved in, we had the room painted a bright yellow, and that's about as much painting as I plan on doing in there (no stenciling for me.) For now, we're planning on keeping the queen mattress in there (more for me to crash onto if I need to in the middle of the night - less for overnight guests) but we'll see how things end up once we really start playing furniture jenga. Currently, we have Jacob's childhood dresser in the room. It's a million years old and not in good condition (unless you like for your drawers to not move smoothly or easily. Then, do I have the dresser for you!) Eileen gave us Tim's childhood dresser, complete with changing table, so once I'm off of work, we'll get the old dresser out... and bring the even older dresser in!

So most of the decoration is going to be on the walls. I'm not big on putting the baby's name up on the wall (she won't be able to read anyways) nor am I all about a "theme" other than "hey, you are a baby, and this is the room you sleep in," but I do like the idea of putting up cute animal pictures. I have my shelf full of Beatrix Potter figurines that I'm going to unpack and install. I also bought several prints from an artist I love. Please observe:

Everyone loves a mature antelope squirrel, don't you think?

Then today mom and I found an absolute TREASURE at the Barn Antique Mall. Check this baby out:

IT'S LIKE A CUTE LITTLE BABY LULU! I love it. It's a big print and I think it'll look really nice in her room, across the way from her crib. I plan on painting the frame white, and will have all of the other photos in white frames, against the yellow wall. I also love the picture because one of our many nicknames that reference Lulu's plumpness is "Lumpy Puff." Other sweet nothings include "Princess Chunky Butt," "Chubbins" and "Fattie Girl."

And so, in a few weeks, I will be happily pounding nails into the wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment