Saturday, July 31, 2010

5 Years/Baby Sequins Indeed

It's official - Tim and I have been officially married for five years as of Friday. I feel like now we're an actual old married couple, and have passed "starter marriage" territory. I am ready to throw out his receipt and commit to not returning him. I shall keep Timmy Joe for life!

Because I'm training my replacement, I had to go into the office on Friday. Tim ran out and got us bagels for breakfast, so we got to eat together in the morning, and then I was allowed to leave a little early so I was in Irvine by 5:45 instead of 7. We got cheap pizza and used our free movie pass to see Dinner with Schmucks. Only the best for the two us!

Tonight we had our actual fancy time celebration, and went to Le Hirondelle in San Juan. We had escargot, I had french onion soup and a porterhouse with gorgonzola and mushrooms, and Tim had a filet with artichoke hearts and a chicken curry soup. I had their coupe maison for dessert (vanilla ice cream with a home made caramel sauce) and Tim had chocolate torte. They took great care of us for our anniversary, and actually comped the ice cream. The waitress asked us why we were so "dressed up" and when I said our anniversary, she goes, "is it your first?" I guess we can still pass for young punks.

Here is the funny part. While we were getting ready to go out, I decided to see if I could fit into the sequined dress I wore for our anniversary last year. It's not very fitted and it's got some stretch, so I thought maybe Baby Sequins and I could go out in it.



I managed to pull it over my head and tug it far enough down to be decent. So, I don't know if being able to squeeze into it improves my self esteem about my giant pregnant body, or if the fact that I can wear the same dress 7 months pregnant gives me low self esteem about the size of my butt a year ago. Either way, the seams were barely holding and I didn't dare sit down, so I did not actually wear the dress to dinner. Tim and I had a great laugh about it though. His statement was "that dress is so tight and shiny that it makes the baby look like a disco ball." She's my Baby Sequins indeed.

For reference, I also tried on my wedding dress, and we couldn't get it zipped more than about three inches. So, no pretend-shotgun-wedding photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment