Friday, July 9, 2010

'Atta girl!

I would like to just quickly share two stories as to why my sister is awesome.

On Tuesday, as we were leaving the doctor's, she says "well, now that we've seen Sequins moving around, when daddy tells someone that you're not pregnant, you're just fat, we can tell people that we've seen the baby and you ARE pregnant." Dad's on notice that his lies will no longer be tolerated.

She apparently also told my mom, when noticing preggos in the waiting room with toddlers in tow, that Sequins won't have to come to my appointments with me for Wolfie II, because she'll be able to go hang out with Auntie Sara and Grandma. Which may be a bigger help for me than for Sequins.

Tonight we're picking Ma and Pa Focker up from the airport and then grabbing dinner. Hopefully Baby Sequins will cooperate and kick her grandma once or twice. She can be a real pain in the butt when it comes to moving on command. But of course, any time I wake up in the middle of the night, she thinks it's time for a big belly show. I usually give her a poke and tell her to go back to bed.

This morning I made another round of peach crisp using another round of harvest. Then this afternoon I went out with the hose and tried to sweep and scrape all of the suicidal peaches off the patio. The tree is great, but not in a fabulous spot for harvesting. And the peaches that we can't get off the top have a LONG way to fall before they explode EVERYWHERE. I'm sure the ants and flies hate me, but the side yard is a little less of a fruit salad today.

No comments:

Post a Comment