Sunday, August 2, 2009

Four Years of Awesome

Well, it's official. Tim and I have been married for four years now. Who knew? (well, obviously we did, or we wouldn't have gotten married.) I am very lucky to be married to him, and extremely happy with how our life together has turned out so far.

The night before our anniversary, we went to see Fiddler on the Roof, starring Topol on his farewell tour. It was a great show, though I wish I'd known beforehand that it was three hours long (I would not have gotten up at 5am that morning to go to the gym.) We were also sitting in front of a bunch of bluehairs, who complained loud enough for me to hear them about how tall Tim is. He can't help that he has a giant melon, ladies, but you get to choose your seats. The $20 seats are not known for their fabulous sight lines. Poor Big Head.

He sent me flowers at work the next morning, which was very sweet. The night of our anniversary we made dinner and had some cham-pan-ya and watched a movie and then went to get frogurt. A full evening indeed. This weekend was the real celebration. We got a room at the historic Biltmore hotel downtown. Checked in yesterday afternoon, relaxed for awhile and then walked down the street to Bottega Louie for dinner. I had pasta, Tim had steak, and we split portobello fries and a caprese salad. Of course, I had the peanut butter terrine for dessert. If I could figure out how to make that myself, I would eat it for every meal. I am not kidding. After dinner, we wandered around the hotel, caught a glimpse of a bride in a big fancy dress, and then parked ourselves at the bar, where they have a lot of great cocktails and a live jazz trio. It was a really nice night - we just sat and chatted, and slow danced a little and goofed off.

This morning we lounged around, and then went to Philippes for french dip sandwiches. I'd never been, but it is apparently an LA institution. We were not let down. I had a beef sandwich with blue cheese and a slice of blueberry pie. It was so fabulous. Since we were in the area, we also wandered through Olvera Street and historic core of downtown. I love downtown LA. If I could afford some ritzy loft apartment downtown, I'd buy one (in addition to having a regular old house.) I feel like even though I've been here ten years there is always something new to discover. Much like being married, I guess.

Garnish stands no chance against Lulabelle.

It's chocolate caramel peanut butter true love.

My purse matches my dress!

Tim and I and our cocktails. The bassist in the jazz trio pointed out that I look like I came from the 20s, and Tim looks like he comes from the 50s. The flapper, and the suburbanite.

The gorgeous lobby.

Original home of the french dip sandwich!

SO GOOD.

Lucha masks at Olvera street.

My head fits in the child's size. Tim can never borrow it.

These guys have better feather headdresses than I do. Sad.

These shirts crack me up. The one on the right says "soy tu padre, mijo," which is basically Luke I am your father.

Let's not forget how cute Thory is.

No comments:

Post a Comment