Saturday, August 22, 2009

Post-birthday!

I had an amazing birthday last year. The fun part was that for the majority of the year, I thought I was turning 29 (because Tim is 29, and I think we're the same age) but I'm only 28. My coworkers decorated my cube with sparkles, and a bunch of us went out for lunch, and then my friend Ingrid and I went for pedicures after work. And then I motored down to mom and dad's house for the real celebration. Lisa and Kate were in town and they made me a bee-yew-ti-ful crown to wear!

It was a perfect lady weekend. We did a lot of antique shopping, and regular shopping, and floating in the pool. What more could you want? I got a tan, and a fabulous party dress from Talbots (on super mega ultra sale. I am going to be sad if they go bankrupt and out of business.. not that I buy their stuff when it's not on sale.) We also had charm bracelet time, which is always fabulous. Plus, the older I get, the more I just want to see my mom and my dad on my birthday. I mean, they're the ones responsible for this whole mess!

The birthday party fun continues this week (and the last party isn't actually until next Sunday!) On Tuesday, my boss took a couple of people out for my birthday, to my favorite restaurant, Bottega Louie. They sent out free pizzas, some ravioli, and then cupcakes with candles in them and happy birthday written on the plate. I love Bottega Louie forever and ever. Tomorrow I am going with a bunch of my pals to see the Dodgers play the Cubs.

The crap news of the past week is that my EX-boyfriend, Brett "the Jet" Lorenzo Favre is turnin out to be an even bigger jerk than originally anticipated. All I have to say is:
And I wouldn't be sad if he suffered a career ending injury ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment