Sunday, August 30, 2009

Oddities.

It's been a mostly quiet weekend around these parts. On Friday night Tim's official Blizzard paperwork arrived, and we rejoiced. Then we went out for sushi and frogurt, and I made him watch Top Chef and Project Runway with me.

On Saturday he went down to the OC, and I mostly lazed around with the cats. I took a nap, I cut up a Vogue magazine, I read my book, I went to the gym... it was all good. I am still a little shocked about the move to the OC, but I have been promised a moving bribe, and I hope that by the end of the year we'll have our first home, and all will be well. The thought of trying to buy a house, living separately, moving and adjusting to Tim's new job makes my head explode a little in the meanwhile. But intact heads are for BABIES! (except for the whole soft spot, I suppose.)

Saturday night we went out to craftbar, which is owned by Tom Colicchio, the head judge of Top Chef (and therefore, Tim and I's boyfriend. Seriously - if anyone knows how to be a food taster for Top Chef competitions, let me know. Tim and I are ready to eat!) We ordered a bunch of little plates and shared around. Tim got this fabulous smoked chicken raviolo, and we had this beautiful goat cheese, but let's be honest, dessert was the best course! Afterwards we went to the Culver Hotel, which is a historic landmark just down the street for our house. It was where many of the actor stayed while filming the Wizard of Oz - most notably, all of the Munchkins stayed there - three to a bed. We've been talking for a long time about going to "the munchkin bar" but finally made it last night, in our fancy clothes. It's very cool on the inside, and we were glad we stopped by. Definitely would go there again to chill out and have a cocktail.

Today we met up with the Fords for my birthday celebrations (slightly belated.) Eileen arrived with an "Orange County: Then and Now" book, which absolutey cracked me up. At my work's summer Bingo party, I won tickets to the Ripley's Believe it or Not museum in Hollywood, so we took advantage of them. The "museum" is quite the weird place - definitely not somewhere I would visit if I had to pay real monies, but it was fun to scoot through. We also wandered through the Chinese theater and the mall. Got a great view of the creepy wildfires. The cloud of smoke in the sky is pretty ominous, and at night we can see the flames on our side of the hill.

And then off to Bottega Louie, to cap the night off with absolutely delicious dinner. I am stuffed and happy!

Tim is so happy to be offered a job.

One of the most delicious things I have ever eaten.

TENTACLES!

Delicious beyond words...

Future Orange County residents at the Munchkin bar.

Portrait made of butterfly wings from the Ripleys museum.

The reason my sinuses have felt stuffed up and horribly painful.

BEWARE! You have angered the fat one!

1 comment:

  1. Coconut cake is best when dropped on the floor and thrown out! Seriously, I'm glad you're going to be this generation's Julia (Thiel) Child.

    ReplyDelete