Monday, August 31, 2015

Day One.

It's happened! Our little baby is a school girl! Everything went well this morning - we got up on time, had a nice breakfast and she got dressed in her new outfit from Mimi. I wore my workout clothes, because I am forever a slob. Tim came with us for the drop off - today is one of the few days that all of the kids start at the same time, so we had to park a bit off in the neighborhood and walk over, but no problem there. She was absolutely happy as a clam. We met a few friends before class (including the other Ellie) and then everyone lined up and headed in!

The first day was only an hour and a half, just to get the little friends ready for real school. It's a pretty diverse cast of tiny characters - some English learners, some kids who have never been in school before, but at pick up Mrs. G reported that there was no crying. And in case you were wondering, no crying on my end. I love that kid, but it's good for her to have her own thing, and for me to have a little time with my second little nutball. And then we got to go have coffee and hang out with the neighbors, so a good day thus far! Plus Gigi and Grizz are back from their sailing trip and hopefully ready to swim.


Super cheese face!

Okay mom, bye, please leave!

Both cute friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment