Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Little Voices.

Surprise, surprise, turns out Adam is nearly as chatty as his sister, and the rest of this family. One of the things I've noticed lately is that he's actually starting to sing. The other day in the stroller he was singing "Shake It Off" to himself, which cracked me up. He's also started singing along with me during lullaby time.

The last few weeks, Ellie has been insisting that ALL of us sing to him at the end of the night. We sing our "special song," which is "I Will" by the Beatles. Adam sits in my lap in the rocking chair, Tim sits on the bed, and Ellie usually sings and also does a dance routine and comes over and holds Adam's face in her hands. Very dramatic on her part. And the last few nights, now Adam has started in on the singing, adding to our demented family band.

There is a downside to all of the singing and the talking, which is namely that somedays I feel like my brain is going to explode if I hear any more small child chit chat. The talking, the songs, the picking at each other and the screaming that follows. However, the kids are also showing a real interest in driving with the windows down, and I've discovered that if you roll down the windows on the freeway, the radio is still audible, but the children in the back seat are not! Feel the wind in your hair and taste the freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment