Thursday, April 17, 2014

Same and Different.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. For weeks on end, I could not get Adam to eat a berry. He'd eat apple, he loves banana, but offering him strawberries was like trying to feed him poison. Putting raspberries down on his tray was basically just asking for him to smash them and squoosh them around until it looked like he'd murdered someone. But now all of a sudden, he can't stuff them in quickly enough. Blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, they are his favorites.

A funny about Ellie - all winter long, I couldn't get her to stay under her blankets at night. She'd tell me to just cover her feet when I tucked her in, and then when I went to check on her before going to sleep, she'd have kicked everything off, no matter the temperature. Now all of a sudden, she can't cuddle in enough! She is like a little burrito in bed, and I finally put a flat sheet on  her bed. So we'll see how tangled she is in the morning.

Lastly, since Ellie was small I have mostly avoided Babies R Us. The one near us is really janky and staffed by morons, and the prices are never as good as what I can find online. But I had some giftcards so tonight I braved the place. Uff da - it is my version of a hellscape. All the loud toys made with cheap plastic. Some creepy cat toy meowed at me and started pawing the air when I walked by. I mean, it's not like I only give my children hand forged wooden and iron toys, but I do like to keep the loud, easily broken junk to a minimum, mostly for my own sanity. However, it'll all be worth it when Ellie freaks out on Easter morning, seeing the sweet pink scooter next to her Easter basket.

No comments:

Post a Comment