Friday, February 3, 2012

Not Funny Haha.

Hey, so remember how I made fun of Tim for snoozing with the baby? In a not-funny-at-all twist of irony, the baby continues to get snottier and decided that last night she wanted me to put her to bed, not Tim. And then when she woke up in the middle of the night, the thought of daddy holding her and snuggling her made her sob and wail. And then of course, she would cough sadly with her little wet cough. And then go back to crying. So of course, I went in and scooped her up and sent Tim back to bed.

Poor Bug and I were up from 2am until 4:30, when she finally settled down, settled in and fell asleep in my arms. The two of us fitfully coslept until 8, when she was happy to let her daddy feed her a yogurt and take a shower with her while I curled into our bed and pretended that I was an immobile sleeping giant.

Thank goodness she's now taking naps in her bed, because if I had to hold her for naps AND then sleep with her at night, I would probably lose my mind. We had a nice time at the park after our morning nap, and then she went down like a dream, but only for 40 minutes. She wouldn't even let Grams snuggle her back down! That's how you know she's a sicky baby.

Hopefully the cold is at its apex and will get better this weekend. At the very least, Tim's home so I can slip away for a nap or two. I shouldn't even be writing this blog - I should be sleeping right now to prepare for the night ahead. It's very rewarding, but hard to be the mommy sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment