Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Molar Monster.

We're not just getting one molar, we're getting ALL FOUR! Hooray hooray! It has resulted in utterly incessant whining and crying, boycotting of all foods except for good old "oh-gir-duh" and the inexplicable need for a binky. It seems to make her gums feel better, and right now she's actually taking a nap with the plug in her mouth, which has never happened before in her entire life (but hey, if it makes her happy and helps her nap, she can have all the binkies she wants. Lord knows I have a whole box of unused ones that she vetoed as a newly borned.)

This morning I headed out to walk with my girlfriends. Parked at the lake, popped my trunk and realized that my stroller was back in the garage, fifteen minutes away. Crappitty crap. So I did what any good hippie would do and pulled out my Ergo carrier and strapped Ellie to my back for our 4.5 mile walk. Surprisingly, it was easier and less work carrying a 24 pound baby than it was pushing the stroller. The only downside is that I'm not sure how to get her on my back without a second set of hands, and we got a little sweaty between the two of us. Plus, when she got crabby, she got crabby ON me, which is not as easy to ignore as when she gets crabby in her stroller. Not sure that I'd do it again for such a long walk, but I'd like to learn to get her on my back for trips to the mall, etc. The Ergo uses a lot of backpacking technology, so the straps are comfortable and her weight was well distributed.

Cute things that Ellie has been up to lately:
-Still obsessed with visiting the rabbits at the end of mom and dad's street, and then telling us about the hop hop hops.
-Will now grab herself and say "brrr" if you ask her if she's chilly
-In love with animal crackers
-Starting to dance more, which makes both Tim and I bust up
-Doing a pouty lip when told no
-Reading like a crazy person, and calling her books by name

No comments:

Post a Comment