Sunday, January 8, 2012

Week End.

Another fun, busy weekend! Friday night we had a baby dinner party. I brought Ellie's stroller along, and it was a huge hit. The kids were chasing each other around and fighting over pushing it. It is the present of the century - loved by all children, and super easy to fold up and throw in the car.

Part of Ellie's playing house also involved giving her buddy Jonathan a little smooch.


Saturday we went up to Reseda to hang out with Frank and Jasmin and baby Fluff, Pari and James and Jesus (or as I always call him, baby Jesus.) It was such a nice afternoon. Pari hadn't met Luke yet, and she was suitably impressed with his cuteness. I continued to fall deeper in love with him, and he let me snuggle him up plenty. There are no pictures, because OF COURSE I forgot my camera at Frank and Jasmin's house. 90 miles away. Ugh. I am going to meet up with Frank at UCLA this week to do the exchange. It's another long drive, but Ellie's never visited UCLA before so it should be fun. She will be rocking her UCLA cheerleader outfit, naturally. Expect many pictures, partially because a baby Bruin is always adorable, and partially because I will be very happy to have my camera back.

Today we had a laid back morning and a nice visit to Grams and Grizz's house. Ellie went with Grams when she dropped Sara off, and said something like, "we're going in Grams' car." Ellie got all excited at the word car because she thought she was going in her little car-car (as she calls it) but it was a TRICK! Into the hybrid she went! (though she did get a ride in car-car when she returned.) Then tonight we got to go out to dinner with Grandma and Grandpa and Uncle Jake, which she much enjoyed - who wouldn't love dancing in the booth and eating a big piece of bread?

I don't know if I've mentioned in here, but next weekend (or rather, this coming weekend) Tim and I (and Jake, my other husband) are going to Pittsburgh for our friend Rocco's wedding. Without the baby. I am SO excited about it, but as it grows closer, beginning to get a bit panicky. I know Ellie will be okay - her grandparents have raised four great kids between them and love her with all their hearts - but I worry how she'll do without the comforts of mommy (and nursing) at her beck and call. I wonder how I'll do not seeing my darling girl for two whole days! The good news/bad news is that I'll be across the country, and can't come home if she cries all day. She'll just have to figure it out. And I will just have to kiss her as much as I can in the next couple of days.

It does feel good though, to be ready to be out and about. A couple of my mom friends have announced second pregnancies recently, and I did the math and realized that they are going to have two under two, for a few months at least. Crunching the numbers made me realize how not ready I am for a second baby. It's so fun to have a walking, talking little friend... to escape from!

No comments:

Post a Comment