Thursday, January 12, 2012

Baby Bruins Comes Home.

Today Ellie and I had to haul our butts back up to LA to pick up my camera from Tio Fluffy. Sure, it's a long drive, but it's cheaper and easier than trying to pack an expensive camera for proper shipping. Plus it was a great excuse to show Elizabeth around her future college campus. Now, I'm not expecting her to remember everything I told her - I'm sure she'll hear all of Tim and my stupid stories a million times over the next 18 years, PLUS we will totally do our best to embarrass the hell out of her when we go on the official tour when she's a high school senior, but it's never too early to start building pride in her Bruin heritage.

We started at Enzos, where I had dinner with my girlfriends once a week all through my junior year. It was also the sight of Tim and I's first date (and Fluffy and Jasmin's first date also!) The food was just as excellent as I remember. Plus Ellie fed me some fresh Cheerios.

Then it was off to Diddy Reese. And you know our cookie monster loved her some Diddy Reese. She cried when I wouldn't give her a second piece of cookie, but such is life kiddo! Fluff had to go back to work at this point, but Ellie and I continued on to explore campus.

Let me tell you, nothing makes you (me) feel like an old crone like pushing a stroller around your alma mater. No one's going to mistake me for a senior, or a graduate student. Everyone instantly knew I was an old lady, though they did coo over how cute Beans was in her outfit. I took her to the library, my former place of business. It's been updated downstairs but everything else is the same old 70s style. Then we went to the quad.

Where, as expected, Ellie tried to get into the fountain.

Then we did a little studying with the gals outside of Royce.

Before we left, I introduced her to the Bruin bear. While she liked saying "rawr," she was more interested in a catalog that she found. INGRATE!

We had a long drive home because we didn't leave until 4. Thank goodness for the carpool lane.

Tomorrow Tim and I are off to Pittsburgh. I am both elated and a little sad about going. I love being a mom and feel so grateful that I get to stay home with my little girl, but let's be honest, momma needs a break. Everyone needs a day off now and again! I even booked myself a massage on Saturday around lunchtime. HOORAY! Plus I'm excited to see all of the boys of Yorba Linda and to dance at the wedding. But oh, I am going to miss that sweet little face and all of the good snuggling we do. Especially since Grams and Grizz vetoed Skyping, because they don't want their charge to get all riled up about seeing, but not touching mama. I hate when they are right.

You know what else I hate? Folding laundry. But I have to go do that now, and then pack our suitcases.

No comments:

Post a Comment