Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Let's Knit Together, Yeah Yeah Yeah.

It's Wednesday again, which means another afternoon with the knitters. I probably don't say often enough how much I appreciate those ladies taking Ellie and I under their wings (and knitting needles.) They are so sweet to all of us - holding Ellie so I can eat my lunch, holding cookies right where Ellie can grab them, and loving both of us to bits. We are lucky girls.
Also lucky, getting to see everyone twice this week. On Monday we all met up to take Tia Tillie out for a fabulous birthday lunch. We went to the restaurant where Tim and I usually go for our anniversaries - a restaurant I would NEVER bring Ellie to at dinner time, but where she was remarkably well behaved at lunch (didn't hurt that we were out on the patio and she could walk around a little.) There was so much good food, though Elizabeth focused on eating bread and ice cream. She was apparently carbo loading.

Look at all these beautiful ladies!

And then, after having lunch with the knitters on Monday, we came home and found that one of mom's knitting friends from Massachusetts sent Ellie an absolutely beautiful hand knitted sweater.

The flash washed the colors out a little bit - it has some neon green and yellow and really fun, funky colors. Lyn is a master knitter, and the sweater is a work of art. After Ellie arrived last year, Lyn sent her a little pink and white sweater and hat set with hearts on it. I almost cried when I had to pack them away in the outgrown clothes box, and now I have a new sweater to love on and put Ellie in constantly for the next few months.

Lucky girls indeed.

In other news, I've been trying to get back to my morning walks every morning. Ellie doesn't nap on them, but she talks to her baby, woofs at dogs, caws at birds and generally enjoys herself. This morning when she saw me putting on my sneakers, she ran over to the front door and started saying "a walk! A walk!" (which sounds like a-wah, a-wah.) So, one point in the "modeling good, active behavior" column I guess. She is also really into walking out to the garage on her own when we have to go somewhere. I'm constantly amazed at how much she understands, and how quickly her vocabulary is expanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment