Monday, December 12, 2011

Up to No Good!

"Oh, hello. Since you let me run around in a diaper after the shower, I decided I should dress myself. I am ready for a training bra mom, but yours is kind of big."

"Also, did you know that I have discovered our tree? It has ornaments on it. I will bring this one to you." Her hair style is what happens when she has a boinger all day, and then I take it out before she goes to bed and she sleeps like a crazy person.

Some new developments in Ellie's life - she is really learning quick and understanding the English language. I realized the other day that she'd picked up "where's your nose?" and "where's your ear?" because I tend to name those parts when I'm trapped, holding her in my lap while she eats. We are now working on cheeks and eyes. Still no dice, but man is she good on the nose and ears, and mama's nose too. She is getting great at saying da da (and finding da da - my special trick is asking where da da is when I need a minute!) and in addition to saying kitty, she now says "rah rah" for Rocky (and sometimes, other cats in general.) It's amazing to watch her learn new things every day, and absorb what's going on around her. I am going to need to start watching my language and switching to the kid friendly playlist on my iPod, I fear.

She's had a lot of fabulous time with her grandparents lately, which is always awesome for Tim and I, because it gives us a chance to sneak away now and again. Date nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment