Monday, November 7, 2011

Grandma Rosie.

Today was our last day with Grandma Rosie, but we made it a good one. Ellie and I walked this morning and then napped, and then showered. She's basically done having baths at night on weekdays (unless Grams wants to plop her in the tub) because I can't get in the shower without her crying and banging on the glass. And after our shower door shattered on my due date, I figure it's just better to bring her in and let her splash around with her various rubber duckies. Then afterwards, she crawls in and out of the shower while I get ready and dressed. I usually hold off on lotioning her and putting on a diaper, because that pisses her off, and I try to keep the beast calm so that I can brush my teeth without trying to hold her. Sometimes, it's cute, and the buns go on parade all over the place - checking on herself in the mirror, going out to the linen closet, chasing the cats. Sometimes (once) she poops on the carpet. NOT OKAY.

Anyways, after the nude parade ended, with the application of clothing, we went out for a lunch at the harbor with Grandma Rosie, where we soaked up a little sun and some good company. We also took Grandma to cookie hour at Tim's office. I think she was suitably impressed with the cookies and the nerdery. And then an evening full of watching Ellie desperately chase the cats and demand that books be read to her. It's so nice that Grandma Rosie has been able to spend so much time with Ellie during her first year (and a bit.) They got to read a lot of books, talk a lot and snuggle. What more could you want? Now Sara and I will have to manage for a few more days until mom and dad get home - they made it to Venice this morning (our time) and apparently mom had been pointing and grunting at many things she wanted (in imitation of Elizabeth.)

Here's a couple of recent photos:

Here's Ellie and her chicks. She has Coco (like from her books) and then Cuckoo (who has a hat) and Bluey (who's Blue.) She's been extra attached to them since Grams left, and spent hours crawling around with them clutched in her fat little hands. I think Grams is going to have to get new chicks when she gets home to replace the mangled, over-loved friends.

Here she is on Sunday, giving her calamari a ride with her ducks, while eating a tortilla chip (she mostly holds it, less so eating it.) She is wearing a Packers onesie under that sweatshirt, of course.

Here she is, one of the times Rocky let her near him. I think he was interested in the cats on her shirt. True story: it's the cutest shirt in the world, but it was a regular crew neck and didn't fit over her head. Grandma Rosie fixed that for us so that Melonhead can now rock her kitties and stripes.

Here's Grandma Rosie with all of her California girls. And Ellie's belly.

"Hey, I'm tired and teething, quit bugging me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment