Wednesday, March 17, 2010

One. Singular Sensation.

Bad news: I am not having kittens.
Good news: On St. Patrick's Day, I found out that my dream of Irish twins can still come true, because I am not having actual twins (I was going to call biological twins "the old fashioned way" but I think we all know that Irish twins are the true old fashioned way.)
Bad news: my blood pressure is still very reactive, and my thyroid levels are low.
Good news: I already have a prescription to pump up my 'roid (which is great, because hopefully I won't be so freezing cold all of the time) and I've been instructed to use a cuff to take my blood pressure at home, and I'm pretty sure it'll be just fine (it's always normal at the endo's office. But seriously, you can't show me a picture of my baby and expect me to stay calm. I AM A LITTLE HIGH STRUNG.)

BEST NEWS: the baby is looking big and beautiful. AND I heard his heartbeat for the first time. Please view and cry along with me:





Here he is, in all of his nine week old glory. That giant thing is his head, and then his body and little flippers. Growing and changing all of the time! (this week, he's the size of a grape.)

I go back in two weeks to get my blood pressure checked, and I have an endocrinologist appointment coming up as well. They love me at the medical group parking garage.

1 comment: