Friday, September 18, 2009

More Pictures of the House!

(which is all anyone cares about, anyways!)

Another shot of the kitchen, and another great slider. I love all of the light in the house. Bonus - all of the doors and windows were redone recently, so they're all fancy glass and nice frames. Not stuff that I notice while walking through a house (unlike Tim) but something for which I will doubtless be thankful in a year or two.

But let's not get out of order, shall we?
Hello, this is our front door. Feel free to just walk in and visit. I'm from the Midwest, I welcome that (unless you are going to steal anything... then please knock first so I can give you the stink eye.)

Here is the foyer. So, you look straight into the family room (or is it living room? I never understand the difference, except that one room you hang out in a lot, and the other room has furniture that no one ever sits on.) The living room (or is it family room?) is to your left, the bedrooms are to the right.

This is the way to the bedrooms and the guest bath.


The first door on your right is the smaller bedroom, currently configured as an office. When they move the desk out, we will put our breakfast nook in this room. Someday down the line, when we have two childrenses, we will have to convert that shelving back into a closet. Or hope we have a short kid, whose clothes can hang in the file cabinets.

The second bedroom. We will configure this to be Wolfie's room, and will also move our queen mattress in when we get a king. So this will be guest room/nursery/cat palace (actually though, can I just say how excited I am to have a second room for people to sleep in? When people sleep over here, they have to take the couch, and put up with the cats stepping on them and staring at them all night. Or, the couple of times that I have had girlfriends in town, whoever shares the bed with me - because of course we boot Tim and his boyness out - has to deal with Lulu sleeping on my pillow.)

Guest bath. Nothing fancy, but nothing to sneer at either.

Master bath. Love the red accents.

Tim didn't take any pictures of the master bedroom.

Here is another shot of whatever you call this room. I am hoping they will sell us those chairs at a nominal cost. Seriously though, SoCal folks, we own a couch and a chair. If you know anyone getting rid of a nice, neutral living room set, let me know. We are ready to wheel and deal. Or buy off craigslist - it's how we got the chair in the first place!

Another shot of the dining area. The door there leads into the kitchen.

LOOK AT HOW CUTE THE LITTLE DOORS ARE? That way, I can close them and the help can keep themselves busy in the kitchen. Or, as I have suggested, I can close the doors while cooking and no one can hear me swear as I repeatedly screw things up. There are also little doors that close the family room off from the foyer.

For the Thiel men - HERE IS THE GARAGE!!! I am going to put so many tools in here. Like my hammer. And my... scissors?

This is the laundry area in the garage, which is very nice! I can't wait to wash my clothes in my own home! I am going to wash one sock at a time, for the novelty factor.

More for the Thiel men - here's the whatever this thing is called. Oh, people who used to live in our house, you are funny.

Those are all of the pictures I have - feel free to show yourself out!

3 comments:

  1. awesome house meg!! so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean you're not going to have a "hobby center" in the garage?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm obviously sad that this house isn't in Canada, but I'm so excited for you guys! It looks absolutely lovely and I can picture you very happy here. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete