Sunday, September 20, 2009

Football Weekend.

Oh, this is how I like to spend my weekends - staying in my pajamas until late on Sunday, and flipping between football games. I am rooting heavily for the Packers (of course) and my second choice team for the weekend is the Lions (one can hope, right?)

Friday night I got to leave work early, as my department went to a special showing of "The September Issue." And by "special showing," I mean we snuck out and went to see the movie since we'll have to be working tonight, and early Monday morning on an event. It was such a fun treat, and the movie was great. Man, I love Vogue magazine, and cutting out pictures for my look book. Friday night then I hung out with my boyfiend and watched Project Runway.

Yesterday, we were lucky enough to get to accompany Fluff and Jasmin to the Bruins game. It was actually sort of funny - on Tuesday he texted me to see if I wanted to go, and as I was texting back that I didn't know, we might have to go down to the OC and househunt, I got the call from Rita saying that our offer was accepted. I'm glad we were able to take him up on his offer - glad on many levels!

I made cupcakes for our tailgate with Pari and James, and I have to say, they were the best cupcakes I've ever made. Very moist and delicious carrot cake (dad would have been proud) with ginger cream cheese frosting. Check out these babies:

Of course, about five minutes after we got into the car, the tray tipped off my legs and ALL OF THE CUPCAKES ENDED UP ON FLUFFY'S FLOORMAT. Thank goodness, the floormat was clean, so the cupcakes were salvagable. The frosting wasn't as pretty though. Still, people devoured them, and other tailgaters coveted them, and even better - I was able to get the frosting out of the floormat this morning with just a wet rag. Pari made kabobs and salads, and I drank a few Miller Chillers, and it was a lovely evening.

We had seats in the GA area of the end zone, so it didn't make for the best game viewing, but it was a fun game. More importantly, WE WON AND USC LOST. I know the season is long, and Kevin Craft will find a way to throw a gagillion interceptions, but as we go into next week, UCLA has a better record than USC, and it's all I can do not to send obnoxious emails to the obnoxious USC fans in my office.

Always remember, a Bruin is forever, and a Trojan is only good once.

This morning I had another culinary breakthrough - I made pancakes with some lemon zest in the batter, and then instead of syrup, we poured sugary lemon juice on top. It was absolutely delish! Plus my pancakes turned out less screwed up than usual. Someday maybe I will get a flat pan instead of trying to use a deep sauce pan while flipping.

And now, it's time to be as lazy as possible before I have to head in to work.

Also, just as a quick housekeeping note - love the comments, but if you don't leave your name, I don't know who "anonymous" is. Take credit for your thoughts! Or I will steal them and copyright them.

No comments:

Post a Comment