Thursday, September 24, 2009

Almost on Vacation!

Oh what a week! I had work events both Monday and Tuesday - by Tuesday night my powers of friendliness were fried. But everything came together, and I got a key proposal out this morning, so my professional life is grand. Plus I did get to spend Monday out at beautiful Trump National Golf Course, and Sunday night I stayed for cheap at Terranea Resort and had a wonderful dinner with my coworkers.

On the homefront, we are checking more checks off the checklist. The sellers got the termite inspection and scheduled the tenting (my house is going to be the CIRCUS!) We signed off on all of the disclosures; we are getting a quote from a painter to get the interiors painted; we signed off on another handful of random forms; we got quotes on homeowners insurance and earthquake coverage; the house was appraised and the bank is working on giving us a bunch of money. It's all going well, and it seems like we have a great team working with us (not to mention a ton of support from our parents, who have each bought a home or two in their time.) It all still boggles my mind a little - I definitely feel like I am working two jobs.

Tim came up on Tuesday night, which was nice. We got to sign all of our paperwork together (how romantic!) and then went out to dinner and talked about how we'd like to decorate our first home. It's very exciting stuff.

Also exciting and amazing - after 15 months of planning (on Eileen's part) WE LEAVE FOR IRELAND ON SATURDAY MORNING! Am I packed? Not even close (but in truth, I like to do all of the packing all at once - it makes me feel less likely to forget something.) Am I jazzed? ABSOLUTELY! I cannot wait. I hope we have a great vacation, and then come home and just move into our house!

That's pretty much all of the news for now. I'm taking the laptop to Ireland, because we should have wireless access. Expect lots of pictures, and lots of stories about how Jake and Tim got so drunk on Guinness that the rest of us had to carry them home.

I like cats because you can stack them. Also, please notice Lulu's delightful fat roll.

Now she is sulking, and Thor is giving me the "don't look at me!" look.

No comments:

Post a Comment