Monday, September 14, 2009

Gettin' Down to Bidness

It's officially day one of our new lives! Tim had a great first day at Blizzard today, and is loving it all so far. I woke up and got to clean cat pee off of the floor (Lulu), fish a bottle of pills out from under the fridge (Thor), and then go to an incredibly long staff meeting. AND I didn't even get a kiss goodbye! But otherwise, we are holding up pretty well.

We had a busy but productive weekend.

Friday night I made my dad a birthday cake. Lemon poppyseed, per his request. And with it being the first weekend of the football season, I thought it would be good to make it a Packers cake. Here you can see it listing, due to the instability of the lemon curd, or as I said to Tim "this cake is lopside like the Packers' future victory over the Bears!"


It turned out okay in the end. And also, it was DELICIOUS.



Saturday we drove down to mom and dad's and met up with Rita the realtor. She sold mom and dad their house nigh so many years ago, so she comes highly recommended. Also, she's already been through the process once with my dad, so she understands that he is a smart shopper (whereas I am distracted by shiny things and trees.) We saw a bunch of properties, but nothing that we wanted to offer money to purchase. It was mostly a fact finding mission, so that she could get a better idea of our loves (yards and trees!) and hates (laminate, and houses that feel soul-less and cookie cutter.)

Saturday night was the Dana Hills 10 year reunion. It was a good time - I saw most of the people that I wanted to see, and didn't talk to people who I didn't like 10 years ago and haven't warmed up to since. Facebook has taken the surprise out of the reunion process (ie - I already knew which guys had lost their hair) but it was a fun night. I mostly hung out with my band geeks.

Sunday morning we went out with Rita again... and found a house that we loved! It's very 1970s, and was owned by the original owners until they passed away. Their son and daughter are selling it. It's very light and airy, nicely kept, with a great yard. I love that it's a little retro, and I love that it feels like a house where lots of wonderful memories were made. The family still had a lot of family photos lining the walls, and I just thought it looked like a great place to start our family. Our offer was submitting this morning - they are reviewing it and one other, and we hope to hear soon. We even wrote the sellers a letter, telling them how much we wanted their house to be ours. Keep your fingers crossed! And also know, if we don't get it, I will be sad and refuse to talk about the house any longer. It will be DEAD to me!

Sunday night was PACKERS FOOTBALL. And cake. And thankfully victory! And then Tim and I had to separate for the week, so tears!

Okay, now Lulu is pawing at my hands. It's time to go watch Monday Night Football and be a single cat parent.

I'm serious though - keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment