Thursday, January 3, 2019

2019!

Happy, happy New Year! Tim is back to work these week and the kids have been doing morning camp at the YMCA, for fun and a way out of the house. Yesterday as I was leaving after my work out, I could see them on the soccer field and Adam was in tears (from what I could tell in a "this game is not my favorite" cry, versus a "my bone has broken and pierced the skin" cry) and I just slowly got in my car and drove away hoping they wouldn't see me. You're someone else's problem now, kid!

Last week before the year was up, we went and used some passes to Legoland. The kids love Legos, both building and playing with, and even though I loathe amusement parks, for free passes, I can try a lot of things. Miraculously, the only crying we had at the park was on the way in, when Ellie doinked her dome off of a parked car's side mirror. The kids were a great age for the experience - both big enough to ride all of the rides and patient enough to wait in the long lines for the rollercoasters. Adam wasn't sure about the coastering, but at the end of the day, said it had been his favorite part. They also loved all of the cities built out of Legos, and we had a really nice day as a family.








For New Year's Eve we were over with our friend crew, and once again, hired babysitters to entertain the kids until 9pm, while the adults gorged ourselves on appetizers and champagne cocktails. This year, the kids nearly made it to midnight, as we were home and tucking them in at 11:55. Every year gets a little easier, and they are more ready to party hearty. We're staying busy all through the weekend, and it should be a shock to the system to head back to school on Monday, and not spend most nights having dinner with friends and staying up far too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment