Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Back to the Grind.

The kids went back to school last week, which everyone enjoyed. It was mostly quiet around here - I spent a day trying to declutter and get rid of all of the broken or useless toys, and then another couple of bags of toys and clothing to donate.

I also took Adam to get a hair cut, which I was dreading, because he hates having the buzzer used on him, and the last time we went, I had to basically hold him down, and we left the barber shop with him red and sweaty and both of us absolutely COVERED in hair. This time, went much better. He still wanted to sit on my lap, but thanks to a king sized bag of M&Ms, we managed to make it though.

There's no crying in hair cuts either, my son.

Here's a before, for reference of how long I let it get before I make myself deal with it.

I let Ellie do her homework at Tim's computer desk last week, which he did not like. He doesn't realize that sharing is caring.

She wasn't thrilled about the return to homework, but was happy to return to music class (especially to show off that she can play Doe, a Deer on the piano) and gymnastics (even if she was pooped afterwards on Friday.)


The big fun around here remains the kittens, though fun depends on the day. They both have some sort of tummy problem, which has result in some incidents of pure grossness. Early in the morning this weekend, I woke up because Taco had farted next to me in bed and the smell was so bad that I was gagging... and yet, I was just happy that he hadn't pooped when he farted. This is the world we live in, if it's not one cat, it's another.


No comments:

Post a Comment