Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Tumbling Tots, etc.

So month 9 has been treating us pretty okay. On Tuesday Grandma came down for some baby time. We ended up skipping swim class because Ellie fought her morning nap and had only been asleep for fifteen minutes when it was time to leave. I didn't think it was worth waking her up considering how much time she spends in the pool lately. Instead, we went and had a delicious lunch and then tried to find a new entertainment cabinet that didn't offend my delicate sensibilities. We failed in the latter quest, but I have a better idea of what I'm looking for as we re-do the living room.

THEN we got to visit Tim at work so he could show his mommy around and so that I could get one of the cookies that are freshly baked for the nerds at 3pm. And by one cookie, I mean two cookies and an iced coffee. Get this - even though his workplace is for grownups and does not have on site child care, they have several very nice high chairs in the cafeteria, so Ellie sat in one and made love eyes at all of the smelly nerds. That place is deluxe!

Today we went and tried out a new baby activity. One of my friends sent me a link for half priced classes at a kiddie gym, so I bought an eight week session. I mean, why not? Today was our first class. It's 45 minutes and features a lot of singing, some playing with balls, the use of swings, rolling around on the floor, bubbles, and most exciting, a zip line across the room (the baby is in a swing, not trying to hang on to a handle.) Ellie was pretty into it all, so we'll see how it goes. I feel like it might be slightly more fun if she was mobile, which she's still not, of course.

Then we swung by mom and dad's to check on the cat friends, and Elizabeth zonked out for a sweaty, exhausted 2 hour nap. Tiny tykes is a tough class, apparently. She was delighted to skype with her grandparents when she woke up. The cats were pretty bored with us, which is better than when my cats try to stomp their way into my lap with Ellie just as she's beginning to drift off to sleep in my arms.

Here she is, working on her wave. You can catch a tiny glimpse of her two bottom teeth. Still not top ones yet.

Here's our new recliner, which yes, is identical to mom and dad's new recliner. It's incredibly comfortable, and I spend most of my time fighting Lulu for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment