Saturday, March 21, 2009

Thrift Store Love.

Today was very exciting, because I went to the House of Return Thrift Store and bought myself a fabulous new outfit that I am totally wearing to fancy dinner with mom, when we go up to San Francisco next month. Oh yes. I love thrift store dresses. They are so fabulous and weird and most importantly, they are a bargain.

Here is my new outfit. It features both a dress AND a coat. That's three outfits for the price of one. I will definitely wear the coat on its own, I will certainly wear the dress by itself (I am planning on wearing it to an event for work next month!) and I will wear them both together for double sparkly. Please observe:




The dress is a little big on top, but nothing that some tailoring can't fix.

In other fun "old stuff" news, my mom and I made a pincushion for me to display my pins the other week when I was home. She used to have all of her flower pins above her dresser, and is passing along the frame to me. Sara generously sacrificed an old velor dress from high school as the backing. The pin is above my CD rack and I can look at it lovingly. Tim told me that I was an idolater.


What else? We are very disappointed in the Bruins, but had a fun time watching the Badgers last night. Now that my boys have broken Coach Wooden's heart, I will switch to my second allegiance and root for Wisconsin. We had to take Tim's car in to the dealership this morning - the fan crapped out before Christmas, but we had just never gotten around to fixing it. Now that the weather is getting warmer, we are missing the AC. Thankfully, it's covered under warrenty, and once they get the part (Tuesday) it should be a quick fix. Out of the four Hondas we have owned, this is the first time we've had to take a car in for any sort of malfunction before the car was 10 years old or over 100,000 miles. I love me some Hondas.

We booked our trip to Door County for the 4th. I am over the moon with excitement. I can't wait for Tim to get a little piece of my childhood lore. Time to wash our hair in Lake Michigan!

Tomorrow we are going to go and scope out some open houses. Still in no particular rush, but we want to start getting a better idea of what exactly we're looking for. And it's nice to know that if we find something amazing, we can move forward with the whole process. We also have to go to the laundromat. Today was cleaning and cooking day - so domestic. If you can stop being dazzled by my outfit, check out my wonderful crockpot. It is filled with delicious garlic artichoke chicken. Which I made using the new apron that my grandma made me. She is the best (this is from yesterday, when I made pizza.) Grandma is such a nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment