Sunday, March 15, 2009

Approved.

So the biggest news is that we met with a mortgage broker on Wednesday, and on Friday got our approval letter, officially authorizing us to start our home search (I know we could have looked before, but if I'm going to drive all around the West Side going to open houses, if I find one I like, I want to be able to buy.) We're approved for more than we can afford, of course, but it's nice to see that good credit and saving money pays off somewhere. The realtor has sent us some more listings; we have sent him a better idea of what we're looking for, and Tim will begin his online research, and we will start looking in earnest. HOORAY! The whole process stresses me out quite a bit, I must admit, but my boss reminded me that this is supposed to be fun, and celebratory, because we are buying our first home and building our lives together, so I am trying to keep up that attitude.

Last night we went and saw Gentlemen Prefer Blondes at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art. I'd never seen it before and fell in love. I adore musicals, I love sequin dresses, and I myself am partial to jewelry. The movie had everything I needed to be happy, and it was fun to see it at LACMA, with an audience that laughed and clapped and cheered along. We'd gotten pupusas for dinner before, and got frogurt on the way home, so it was a perfect date.

Today I went to my former boss's baby shower. It was a big group of her friends, and a lot of my old coworkers, so it was a fun time. I'm definitely glad to be off to bigger and better things though. Having 21 days off instead of 10 is enough for me - I would have changed jobs even if there wasn't also a pay raise!

We've got a chicken pot pie in the oven (I cooked, Tim cleaned up) and once we've devoured some chicken and vegetable goodness, we're going to spend the rest of the evening watching a movie. From here on out, it's March Madness, all the time (even though I find basketball too fast paced and stressful.) Go Bruins! Tim bought me a little UCLA keychain that plays the fight song. I love it, but poor Thory is terrified of it - he hates when I wave it around, and the sound seems to freak him out also. His lack of blue and gold spirit is disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment