Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Little Gossip

Sorry blog readers/family members - we have not been eaten by bears. We are just up to normal, boring life stuff.

Yes, we are still looking for a house. Next week we have an appointment with a mortgage broker recommended by our realtor, so we will see how all of that goes. I will feel better about for real going to look at houses when we have a preapproval offer, and buyers know we are serious. We are still looking at things online. We are also hoping to win the lottery at some point. Sheesh.

Last week I had plans Wednesday, Thursday and Friday night, which was odd for me in terms of popularity. Then over the weekend I was in San Diego with some of my college girlfriends "the England Girls." We drank wine at 11:30 in the morning, took naps, got massages and ate like linebackers trying to gain weight before the NFL combine. A good time had by all!

Tim went down to Cal State Fullerton to talk to a video game club about his job and how he got it. I think it's very cute, because when he was a youngster, he started a video game club at UCLA, which was a big boon in his efforts to get hired at EA (because Lord knows his grades didn't serve him well at all!) This week he's been doing some training stuff at work re: becoming a technical director. He loves him some engineering.

There's been some fun conversation going around the Miller-Thiel-Nollin family re: the Fourth of July in Door County. I am so excited to see everyone and have Tim experience some of my favorite memories from my childhood. In San Diego, I bought a Door County item that I am so excited to show off in a few months. For now, it's a Suprise Prize. I've had random midwestern friends ask about the possibility of coming up for a day, to which I say, the more the merrier. Prepare yourself for cold beer on the porch and a lot of smart mouths talking all at once. Also, bring Deep Woods Off!

Tomorrow we are going to see Rent at the Pantages. A few weeks ago we saw Man of La Mancha, and I immediately bought the soundtrack and have been singing it nonstop. I've also been mixing in a little Hello Dolly! It's all musicals, all the time (but not Phantom of the Opera. We saw that before Valentines Day, to which I say THUMBS DOWN. Out of all the plays we've seen in the past few years, none by Andrew Lloyd Webber have cracked my top ten. Now Oklahoma!... THAT'S a musical.)

No comments:

Post a Comment