Monday, September 9, 2019

Pal Time.

This weekend was Adam's first baseball game. He moved up from rec league t-ball to actual Little League, playing in the first to third grade division, which is machine pitch. So, a pretty big change for our little dude, but he's doing well. I mean, he didn't get a single hit yesterday, and he didn't field a single ball, but he looks the part, is a good team mate, and says he's having a good time, which is what matters.

He's got a decent swing, hopefully will connect on something soon

They call him the Couldn't Care Less Kid. He spent quite a lot of his time sprinkling the dirt around.

Gigi and Grizz and Sara came to watch his game, which was nice of them, and then afterwards we celebrated Grizz's birthday a day early (since tonight Adam has practice from 5:30-7pm.) I made Grizz some desserts and also a punch hooked Yogi pillow, at Sara's urging.

If you would like a beloved family pet crafted into a terrifying pillow, please let me know, I'm accepting commissions. Only home sewn, terrible looking things are to be expected. Ellie was so cute - she really wanted to have a big present for Grizz, even though I told her all he wants is a party with her, but she went and got a little box and filled it with some treasures - a shell, a shiny rock, a Gryffindor lego since that's Grizz's Hogwarts house, and one of her gold dollars. She even tied it with a ribbon and stapled the card onto it. She's a sweetie. Adam just gave him a hug and a kiss and a card signed Love Pal.

We also made him a birthday slide show! It's supposed to be set to the Beatles "When I'm Sixty-Four" but when I put it up on YouTube, I got pinged for music copyright violation. So, here it is without music - you can put your own song on in the back ground, I guess!

And since Grizz is actually 64 today, I would like to assure him that we do still need him, but as for feeding him, I will mostly continue to eat HIS food. As one does. When one is a leech. 

No comments:

Post a Comment