Monday, September 23, 2019

Good Monday morning from these two cuties, well dressed and neatly coiffed for school picture day:


This weekend our little gymnastic got a new leotard featuring cats in space, and did a lot of practicing in the back yard.

Adam got a new back pack for his baseball equipment, though I thought he was doing fine with my old yellow Vera Bradley diaper bag. Sheesh. Coincidentally, he also got his first hit on the ball field. Thank you to Mimi for the excellent camera work!


Afterwards, told everyone he got a home run.

He also went to his first professional soccer game on Saturday night. I had invited our neighbor friends Victoria and Keira to attend the Sound of Music singalong with Ellie and myself at the Hollywood Bowl, and so Tim and Adam were able to take their season tickets to see the LA Galaxy with Robert. Worked out perfectly for all! Tim reported that Adam was a great spectator and they all had a fun time.

Meanwhile, us girls had a blast! I haven't been to the singalong in probably ten years. Not much has changed - they still give out the exact same props, and you know, the movie remains the same, but I feel like it's only better with time, and extra fun to go with my little lady. She'd actually never seen the whole movie through until Saturday night (it's three hours long!) but she had a great time and really loved it. Loved that you can cheer and boo, loved singing along, loved being with her friend, hopefully liked being with her mean old mommy.

I have an actual million fond memories surrounding this movie from my childhood and my adulthood (the last time we went to the singalong we brought Grandma Rosie along with us!) and it is thankfully, a childhood favorite that holds up to adult review. In an era where the US President says that some neo-Nazis are "very fine people," it's refreshing that Captain Von Trapp is suffering no fools and not even trying to see the good in any of the Nazis. And there isn't a bad song in the bunch (though we did tell the girls, if some 17 year old boy tries to tell you that he knows better than you, you shut that right down. That number is redeemed, as always, by the absolute dreaminess of Leisel's dress, which I continue to covet.)

Ellie and I didn't get home until 1am, but she thankfully slept in the car, and I thankfully did not fall asleep behind the wheel. It's the price we pay for super fun big city adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment