Thursday, August 30, 2018

Back to School.




Look at how cute this little knuckleheads are, in their matching outfits! Ellie was so excited that they could wear the same shirt, and go to the same school. Adam was so excited that his friend Nico from the YMCA Kidzone was at his school and in his kindergarten class that he walked into the room without even turning back to say goodbye to me. Which is better than having him physically pulled off of me, as has sometimes happened in preschool.

Ellie has a few good buddies in her class. Her former "boyfriend" Preston (of the "we're going to get married, we don't care HOW LONG we have to wait!" fame) is now just a friend to her allegedly, but I have seen them do a lot of strolling the play ground together before and after school. Her teacher suggested she do more reading by herself, so even though Tim and I have said all summer she should start rereading Harry Potter book one on her own, she didn't start until Monday afternoon when the teacher told her. Adam is happy to head into class and happy to see me at the end - I'm sure he's being his usual social butterfly self - I just hope he's sitting his bottom down and using his listening ears. The bigger transition for him is not napping anymore (though he did lay down for an hour today after getting up early this morning) and not being able to take Lamby with him - we are trying to transition to Lamby being a friend who only stays inside of our house

Also this week, we started AYSO soccer practice, which is quite a step up from them ding-donging around the turf at the Y with a variety of kids. This is divided by gender and ages, so Ellie won't get the chance to beat some four year old like a drum on the pitch. Thus far, the coaches are really nice, and the schedule is okay-ish. Ellie has two practices a week, including one one Friday about an hour after gymnastics, so I look forward to seeing if she's able to stay awake through dinner.


As you can see, Adam is running outside the boundaries of the field. Was not able to get a picture of him with the siglet over his head like Cornholio. Good news, BEST FWIEND NICO is also on his soccer team.

For me, the three hours between drop off and pick up are going too fast, especially since mom and dad are out of town and I'm in charge of getting Sara to work. But the good news is that since Adam is an early bird, I don't have to miss out on my favorite work out classes at the Y, but before I work out, I have coffee and cat time in my quiet, empty house.


No comments:

Post a Comment